Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cleaver-Brooks Canada has an immediate opening for a second shift Machine Operator, at their Stratford ON facility. Hours of work are 3:30 pm to 1:30 am Monday through Thursday with possible overtime.
Who is Cleaver-Brooks …
Cleaver-Brooks is the market leader in providing fully integrated boiler and burner systems. We lead the boiler/burner industry due to our unmatched distribution network’s ability to deliver the knowledge, service, training and support that are essential to long-term performance. Our customers will tell you that we’re the only equipment provider that manufactures boilers, burners, controls, and a full array of ancillary and aftermarket products. They’ll also mention that our unique single-source capability means that we can deliver fully integrated boiler room solutions that reduce overall costs and optimize space. It is our focus on products that deliver the most efficient, reliable, safe and environmentally sustainable solutions that differentiate us in the marketplace. Cleaver-Brooks continues an 80 year legacy of providing the customers we serve with extraordinary products designed to deliver unsurpassed performance through the power of commitment.
Essential Functions ...
- Math Skills: Good math skills will help machine operators understand complex instructions, how schematics work and make sure items are designed and built correctly.
- Problem Solving Skills: Machine operators will need to know why machines are not at peak performance, how to increase output and how to fix errors.
- Attention to Detail: Machine operators will work with precision equipment. Being off by millimeters could be a critical error. Keen attention to detail is required.
- Mechanical and Technical Skills: Some machines are controlled by computers and operators will need to work with CAD/CAM technology. Others are highly mechanical and operators will need to know how and why they work.
- Stamina: Machine operators must have the physical ability to often work long hours doing repetitive movements.
- Analytical Skills: Machine operators will need to read and understand blueprints, schematics, models and other specifications.
Physical Skill and Effort ...
- Must be able to lift and carry moderate to heavy weight on a regular basis.
- Moderate to high physical effort required, standing majority of the shift.
Working Conditions and Hazards....
- Normal plant, shop, field or office conditions. From time to time, slightly disagreeable features. Negligible or no exposure.
- We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package, including supplementary medical, dental, life insurance, short term disability, vacation and 11 paid holidays.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Coe, Cleaver-Brooks will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.