Cushman & Wakefield, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Chief Engineer
at Cushman & Wakefield, inc.
Job TitleSenior Chief Engineer
Job Description SummarySenior Chief Engineer is responsible for the effective daily leadership of his/her staff, managing the engineering program to the highest level of quality work and customer service and the administration of his/ her department in alignment with the Management Team, C&W Engineering Platform and Client expectations. The Senior Chief Engineer will perform at the highest of ethical standard, reflecting the core values of C&W as defined in its Business Code of Conduct, Policies and Procedures Manual and other related Company Policy. Responsible for the planning, implementation, coordination, and supervision of all tasks and activity regarding the mechanical operations its maintenance and modifications taking place at his/ her assigned property(s). The Senior Chief Engineer will ensure that the plant, infrastructure and its associated equipment operate safely, efficiently and reliably. This includes building systems utilized for communicating and reporting such as energy management, preventive maintenance, work order, building automation and fire protection as example. The Senior Chief Engineer will exhibit a strong formal knowledge of operational and technical skills, and will be accountable for staff performance and execution of assignments.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide leadership and supervision of engineering and maintenance staff, including hiring, training, personnel development and performance review
• Oversee properties totaling 500k square feet or more
• Conduct and assist with inspections and surveys, including energy audits and analysis, HVAC, electrical and plumbing systems, environmental and ADA compliance
• Supervise and review technical operations, surveys, energy audits and analysis, HVAC and electrical and plumbing systems, environmental compliance, ADA compliance and acquisitions, and third-party surveys
• Support property management in the development and updating of preventive maintenance and engineering procedures, hazardous materials communication plans, fire safety and emergency action plans, life safety programs, quality control for domestic and process water and indoor air quality programs
• Assist in the development of the property(s) operations budget. Provide operating cost estimates and comparisons in regard to service contracts, R&M estimates, utility consumption and spend, supplies, repair parts, department payroll , life safety programs and procedures, domestic water quality control, and enforcement of EPA and OSHA compliance
• Assist in the development of the Capital Budget Program, as well as the short and long term planning and analytics
• Coordinate and track career development for engineers and perform or assist in mid-year/annual performance evaluations of all engineering staff
• Oversee all building systems, including fire/life safety programs, plumbing, HVAC and electrical issues; must remain current with latest HVAC technology trends as well as preventive and predictive maintenance methodology
• Coordinate maintenance efforts with outside contractors, tenant finish personnel and engineers
• Assist Property Management in the review and approval of construction documents. Ensure building standards are applied and adhered too accordingly
• Develop specifications and assist in solicitation and administration of maintenance/repair service contracts
• Assist in formulating marketing presentations/proposals, start-up processes for building acquisitions and reverse acquisitions, and the coordination of building equipment and services in support of tenant construction products
• Ensure compliance with applicable codes, requisitions, government agencies, and company directives related to building operations
• Support the Property or Facility Manager with rehabilitation projects such as replacement of HVAC systems, installation of new roofs, plumbing repairs and alterations to other Building Systems. Support Property or Facility Manager on all items listed below (1-10):
• Prepare and present feasibility studies.
• Prepare budget estimates.
• Prepare schedule and manage its progress.
• Prepare contract documents reflecting scope of work.
• Manage the bidding process.
• Prepare and expedite approval of all internal control documents
• Monitor the construction process to assure compliance with contract documents.
• Coordinate all work with user and Internal Support Groups.
• Maintain complete project files recording progress, approvals, financial data and contracts
• Perform final inspections, punch list exceptions, and expedite corrective action
1. Communication Proficiency (oral and written)
2. Interpersonal Skills
3. Organization Skills
4. Technical Proficiency
• High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
• 10+ years engineering experience with significant supervisory responsibility in a commercial property setting experience in the operation, installation and maintenance of building systems with in depth technical understanding and knowledge of all HVAC, electrical, plumbing, fire/life safety, and control systems.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
• Vocational/Technical training certificate
• Appropriate license/permit for trade as may be required, i.e. Journeyman or Master Electrician License or City Licenses
• Universal Technician for CFC’s depending on market licensure requirements or any similar combination of education and experience
• Knowledge and understanding of all applicable practices/techniques, laws, project controls, and environmental regulations
• Familiar with Energy Management System (EMS)/programming, fire alarm systems, and Building Management Systems
• Proficiency in the preparation of staff schedules, after hour assignment scheduling and coordination, preventive maintenance schedules and the ability to assess and prioritize immediate needs.
• General knowledge of the property management financial reporting with primary focus on R&M expenses, Utility expenses and Capital expenses, as they pertain the department’s allocated monthly and annual budget. Should possess the knowledge to clearly explain favorable and unfavorable variances the monthly and year to date R&M and Utility expenses.
• Basic Computing Skills in Outlook, Excel & Word
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Regularly required to travel outside between properties in varying weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must have ability to stoop, stand, climb, frequently lift a minimum of 50 lbs. of equipment (pumps, tools, ladders) and safely install rigging/lifting devices
- Regularly required to crouch and reach to install/move equipment by bending forward at the waist or by bending legs and spine
- Involves movement between departments, floors, and properties to facilitate work
- Ability to speak clearly so others can understand you
- Ability to read and understand information presented orally and in writing
- Regularly required to utilize vision abilities, allowing reading of printed material, drawings, and schematics
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Note: This job description includes the core responsibilities for C&W. These duties may have slight modifications based on the regional location.
About Cushman & Wakefield
Cushman & Wakefield (NYSE: CWK) is a leading global real estate services firm that delivers exceptional value for real estate occupiers and owners. Cushman & Wakefield is among the largest real estate services firms with approximately 51,000 employees in 400 offices and 70 countries. In 2018, the firm had revenue of $8.2 billion across core services of property, facilities and project management, leasing, capital markets, valuation and other services. To learn more, visit www.cushmanwakefield.com or follow @CushWake on Twitter.
For US Applicants:
Cushman & Wakefield is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. All individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees during employment are treated without regard to any of these characteristics.We hire the most talented professionals and invest in superior resources and technologies. The talent of our extraordinary people and the culture and business approach we foster, coupled with the exceptional, creative services we provide and the results we deliver worldwide for owners, occupiers, and investors are what distinguishes Cushman & Wakefield.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws
Cushman & Wakefield is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information:
This Organization Participates in E-Verify
Right to Work
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, please call 1-888-365-5406 or email HRServices@cushwake.com