Danbury Public Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN -- IT/Technology
at Danbury Public Schools
Openings as of 10/21/2019
- MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN -- IT/Technology JobID: 3939
- Position Type:
Technology/IT Maintenance Technician
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
Open Until Filled
- Work with stakeholders to set up and personalize new computers or other technology devices;
- Assist staff and students in the use and general operation of computers, projection systems, digital cameras, scanners, and other devices deployed in throughout the school;
- Maintain and troubleshoot issues arising during use of computers, other devices and peripherals being used throughout the school. Troubleshooting responsibilities may include generating Help Desk tickets that are forwarded to the centralized IT team for higher level equipment repairs and assisting in or monitoring the progress of repairs for the site based devices.
- Act as school technology liason for successful implementation of District wide Gmail, Google Classroom, and similar platforms used for educational purposes in the building, including assisting with integrating these platforms into particular classrooms. Assist all school staff with the adoption of new or modified applications as they become District-wide standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the building principal and/or Supervisor of Technology.
Successful applicants will be assigned to a specific District school in order to provide site-based, basic support for the use of technology by staff and student users. Examples of responsibilities may include assisting users with set up and personalized configuration of new devices, maintaining and troubleshooting of computers, technology devices and/or peripheral devices; and performing basic networking maintenance and troubleshooting services on a real time, as needed basis in this school based setting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by successful applicants in each school-based position:
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Successful completion of coursework or certification in the following platforms is preferred: Apple, Microsoft Office, Google, PowerSchool or similar educational software preferred.
Minimum of one year of demonstrated experience in the use, basic repair and operational oversight of personal computers or similar technology devices in a school or office based environment.
OTHER PREFERRED SKILLS:
Strong oral and written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills are essential.
Ability to identify needs, prioritize and complete projects in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
Experience in working with students with diverse backgrounds and abilities.
Ability and demonstrated willingness to adapt to new technology as adopted by this large school district.
Ability to seek out appropriate resources to resolve more difficult technology problems.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The terms and conditions of this position are governed by a collective bargaining agreement between the Danbury Public Schools and UPSEU, a copy of which can be found on the District website, www.danbury.k12.ct.us under the District and Human Resources tabs.
For vacancies at the Elementary School Level, the positions are Part Time-- 24 hours/week at $15/hour. Health and welfare benefits are not included with this position. The work year is 184 days, to include 180 school days in addition to four (4) days to be designated by the Director of Finance for the purposes of setting up and closing technology for each academic year. Additional Professional Development days as provided by terms of the collective bargaining agreement.
This position reports directly to the Building Principal and the District's Supervisor of Technology Services.
Please go on-line at job listings