Danbury Public Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Danbury Public Schools
Job Status: Contract/Temporary,Seasonal
Job Reference #: 3876
Openings as of 10/21/2019
- TEMPORARY/SEASONAL CUSTODIANS JobID: 3876
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
Open Until Filled SEASONAL - LESS THAN 120 CALENDAR DAYS
- Cleans assigned facilities and/or grounds (e.g. classrooms, offices, gym, restrooms, cafeteria, multipurpose rooms, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining a sanitary, safe and attractive environment.
- Performs minor, job related, maintenance on custodial equipment, classroom furniture and fixtures (e.g. change vacuum cleaner belts, bags, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring proper functioning and usability of items.
- Performs summer maintenance (e.g. strip/wax floors, moves furniture, painting, etc.) for the purpose of completing and/or facilitating summer construction.
- Prepares site for daily operations (e.g. opening gates, raising flags, sweeping walkway, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring facilities are operational and hazard free.
- Replenishes classroom and rest room supplies (e.g. paper towels, soap, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring adequate quantities for daily use.
- Responds to immediate safety and/or operational concerns (e.g. facility damage, vandalism, alarms, etc.) for the purpose of taking appropriate action or notifying appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Performs work at heights of up to 12 feet using ladders and/or scaffolding for the purpose of cleaning, changing light bulbs, replacing ceiling tiles, etc.
- Daily attendance and punctuality are required for the purpose of ensuring the goals of the work unit can be met.
- Supports District maintenance staff (e.g. grounds, trades, general maintenance, etc.) for the purpose of completing site custodial activities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Knowledge of standard cleaning procedures, chemicals, products and equipment
- Knowledge of the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System
- Ability to read and understand labels and instructions, particularly on the use and application of cleaning chemicals and products
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Team building Skills
- Decision making skills
- Problem solving skills
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- Time management skills
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
The job of Custodian was established for the purpose/s of providing custodial services at assigned site(s); ensuring an attractive, sanitary and safe environment for students, staff and visitors; performing a variety of special cleaning operations; and assisting in preparing facilities for classroom activities and campus events
The Custodial is a physically demanding position. The incumbent must spend the entire time at work standing, walking, lifting heavy objects, operating medium weight cleaning equipment such as floor buffers, sweeping and mopping floors and moving desks and furniture. The incumbent isrequired to do a great deal of stretching and bending, often in awkward positions. Operating floor polishers and waxers are particularly hard on back muscles.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds such as cleaning supplies, pails and unloading trucks. Occasionally the employee will lift and/or move up to 100 pounds such as salt and bulk furniture. The employee will sometimes push/pull items such as tables, bleachers, scrubbing machines. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Monday through Friday
RATE OF PAY:
$11.00 per hour - NO BENEFITS