Darien Public Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Special Education Aides - as needed
at Darien Public Schools
Job Status: Part Time,Contract/Temporary
Job Reference #: 581
Categories: Education - Faculty
Openings as of 10/21/2019
- Special Education Aides - as needed JobID: 581
- Position Type:
Support Staff/Paraprofessional - Special Education
- Date Posted:
Darien Public Schools
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Until Filled ANTICIPATED VACANCIES: SPECIAL EDUCATION AIDES - FULL and PART TIME
- Assist Special Education Teacher to implement special education and related services
- Assist students to complete instructional activities
- Assist in the supervision of students as required to meet individual needs
- Provide physical assistance based on student need, including but not limited to lifting, transferring, moving from class to class, feeding, toileting, restraining
- Participate in training activities as required by the District
- Perform other duties as directed by the principal and/or supervising teacher, which are related to facilitating success (i.e. instructional, social, behavioral) for students with disabilities
- Such other related duties as assigned
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Bachelor's degree
- Be capable of physically assisting students with specials needs as required (positioning, lifting, toileting, transferring, restraining, etc.)
- Have demonstrated ability to work effectively under the direction of others
- Have demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with others
- Have willingness to assume any responsibilities appropriate for the position
We are accepting applications for anticipated vacancies. NO CALLS OR EMAILS, PLEASE
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Special education aides work under the overall supervision of their building principal with direct supervision provided by special education teachers. They are employed when required to implement special education or related services for a class and/or to provide direct assistance to students. Their duties will vary depending upon the age of students served as well as the nature and severity of the student’s disabilities.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JOB SPECIFICATIONS: ABA experience preferred Candidates for special education aide positions must:
Internal candidates (current employees of the Darien Public Schools) must submit an internal application via Applitrack, including a current resume and cover letter addressed to Marjorie Cion, Director of Human Resources. Apply at www.darienps.org, Departments, Human Resources, Employment Opportunities.
External candidates must submit an electronic application via Applitrack: www.darienps.org, Departments, Human Resources, Employment Opportunities. Paper and emailed application materials will not be accepted.
Darien Public Schools is committed to a policy of equal opportunity/affirmative action for all qualified persons and equal access to Boy Scouts of America and other designated youth groups. Darien Public Schools does not discriminate in any employment practice, education program, or educational activity on the basis of race, color, religious creed, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability (including, but not limited to, intellectual disability, past or present history of mental disorder, physical disability or learning disability), genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by Connecticut state and/or federal nondiscrimination laws. The Darien Public Schools does not unlawfully discriminate in employment and licensing against qualified persons with a prior criminal conviction.
Inquiries regarding Darien Public Schools nondiscrimination policies should be directed to: Marjorie B. Cion, Director of Human Resources, , 203-656-7406, Board of Education Offices, 35 Leroy Avenue, Darien, CT 06820