Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Connecticut Sales Manager
North America State/Province
Type of Job
External Job Description
Responsible for delivering superior results against Diageo’s execution growth in the OFF premise channel. Directly call on a core set of high volume accounts in CT. Oversee and manage a team of third party specialists who are accountable for retail execution in top 200 Off Premise outlets.
Purpose of Role
- Work collaboratively with Sales Director to deliver against our Perfect Account standards in a sales territory of approximately 200 outlets
- Deliver superior performance in Key Accounts vs. the sales plan and standards of performance, aligned with Diageo strategic imperatives
- Build strong relationships with decision makers to ensure that our business plans are executed including sales/depletions and executional standards
- Communicate all Diageo brand strategies to appropriate distributor and direct personnel; reinforce the Diageo “Way of Working”
- Quarterly business reviews with standard set of accounts
- Communicate all Diageo brand strategies to appropriate Distributor and direct personnel; reinforce the Diageo “Way of Working”
- Link with Brand & Marketing teams to build and execute effective market plans
- Manage tactical budgets to drive experiential activities within accounts to directly touch our consumers and gatekeepers
- Collaborate with Trade Marketing on POS ordering and management of distributor invoices
- Proactively communicate on Yammer best practices, innovation launches and trade success
- Oversight of 3 Full Time Off Premise specialists
- Develop a strong team culture and provide clarity on expected outcomes and clear accountability
- Manage overall T&E spend and compliance of the entire team
- Manage Salesforce.com to ensure all programs are being properly tracked
- Developing agency capabilities through coaching and training modules focused on selling skills
- Reviewing agency’s effectiveness in the marketplace and sharing best practices with the agency to ensure the specialists are highly effective
Qualifications and Experience Required
- 5+ years of Sale experience required, preferably within a fast moving consumer goods environment
- High Analytical skillset with strong PowerPoint and Excel Skills
- Passion for working hard and making a difference
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- People Management Experience - preferred
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Accounting or Finance, MBA preferable
- Role based in the CT Market
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Diageo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diageo employees or any other company location. Diageo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
External Job Title
Connecticut Sales Manager
EEOC Statement (Only for US Users. For other markets, please leave blank)
Diageo is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer and is subject to federal regulations pertaining to employment. Diageo does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, Protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under federal, state or local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities. Diageo also provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and any other state or local laws.