Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Event Trainee – GKL, Luxury Automotive
THE JOB / Event Trainee
This is a position within the Octagon Marketing Trainee Program. The Event Trainees will support the execution of a winter-long partnership for a luxury automotive client, based in one of the country's most affluent ski resort communities. The program will showcase the top-end segment of the luxury automotive client's vehicles through a combination of VIP shuttle service, extended test drives and special events. Two (2) Event Trainees along a Product Advocate, led by a core account team based in Stamford, CT, will be tasked with facilitating the set-up and implementation of this exclusive partnership.
The event will take place December 14th – April 7th; travel days as well as off days are built into the schedule. The position will include working non-traditional hours during weekends, nights, and holidays, and assisting with the transport of the vehicle fleet.
The right candidate will be able to work as part of a cohesive team and will interface with various internal divisions, client partners/vendors, and consumers. This position offers a unique opportunity to learn on-site logistics and event activation. Strong team dynamics skills and excellent interpersonal skills are required for this position.
Professionalism and polish are extremely important in this role. Event trainees will interact, without direct supervision, with the most premium segment of the client's customers. Ability to positively reflect the client's brand is critical to the project's ultimate success.
THE WORK YOU'LL DO
- Coordinate and execute all on-site activities
- Responsible for daily set-up, breakdown, and maintenance of all event equipment
- Provide rides for VIP guests
- Coordinate with reservationists on daily schedule
- Provide weekly interaction recaps
- Become an expert on select vehicles and share product knowledge with consumers
- Ensure that all guests have a positive and engaging experience
- Assist with upkeep of fleet vehicles
- Work with the core account team on program wrap-up
- Keep organized records of all travel expenses and time tracking
- Work on weekends, holidays and during non-traditional hours
- Travel including driving for extended periods of time in daylight and some evenings
- Other related duties as reasonably assigned
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU'LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group.
But if that classification doesn't do it for you, and it shouldn't, let's take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That's where we come into play.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- You have a passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity culture
- Passion for luxury automotive a strong plus
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- 0-1 years' work or internship experience in events or a customer-service oriented role
- Basic knowledge of event management is a plus
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Desire to learn and develop a career in event marketing
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Presentation or public speaking experience a plus
- Personality traits: confident, engaging, enthusiastic and articulate
- Capacity to become knowledgeable on our client's industry, brand and product offerings
- Ability and comfort level to communicate with consumers, potential consumers or fans in an event setting
- Strong ability to work as part of a team, demonstrate initiative and solve problems effectively and independently
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.