Sears Hometown and Outlet Stores
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Sears Hometown and Outlet Stores
The Consultative Sales Manager is responsible for all store-operating functions. He/she manages the store through positively influencing sales and controlling expenses. In conjunction with the Store Manager, the Consultative Sales Manager defines the standard of performance for his/her departments, clearly communicates the expectation to all associates, and coaches the team to achieve their goals.
- Supports the Store Manager in developing a high performance team by assisting in the scheduling, training, coaching and supervising of consultative selling associates as directed, with a focus on building the skills required to sell total solutions, resolve customer issues, enhance profitability of sales and develop customer relationships.
- Participates in ongoing recruitment and interviews with job applicants and provides input during the selection process.
- Leads by example by interacting with customers to discover their needs and then selling products and services that provide customers with complete solutions.
- Conducts role play scenarios with associates.
- Reviews the Associate Contribution Report (ACR) daily to identify opportunities for performance improvement at a department and associate level.
- Observes consultative selling associates’ interactions with customers to help identify areas in which the associates would benefit from training or coaching.
- Develops action plans, supporting Monthly Coaching sessions and providing training and coaching for consultative selling associates to address sales performance, reduce sales related expenses and optimize sales of accessories, Protection Agreements, Credit and other products and services that can enhance customer satisfaction.
- Performs store opening and closing activities.
- Supervises and has accountability for all aspects of store operations (4 wall accountability).
- Proactively partners with Store Manager to lead the store to ensure achievement of business goals in revenue, expense, profitability, customer satisfaction, inventory shrinkage, and associate morale.
- Along with Store Manger, actively manages the customer experience within the stores.
- Take ownership for full implementation and proper execution of Corporate programs and initiatives related to operational aspects of the unit.
- Ensure consistency of operational processes within the store.
- Monitor and react to profitable expense opportunities within the store.
- Take a visible role in representing Sears Hometown and Outlet in the local community.