Interactive Brokers Group LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Head of Back Office Operations
at Interactive Brokers Group LLC
Job Description and Responsibilities
We are seeking an experienced Back Office professional for the role of Head of Back Office Operations of our new Luxembourg office. The candidate will be expected to manage, enhance and test the group’s constantly evolving, proprietary back office system. Analysis of trade data, counterparty and settlement risk and other operational risk assessment will be an ongoing responsibility. The ideal candidate will be able to interface seamlessly with internal and external customers, counter-parties, clearing organizations and regulators. The Head of Back Office Operations will be responsible for all local Back Office Operations and Control functions for both cash and derivative markets.
- Clearing Operations – daily reconciliation of trades, positions and settlements.
- Corporate Actions and Cash Entitlements – daily reconciliation of all cash entitlement and corporate action related payables and receivables.
- Liquidity management – daily control of balances and cash reconciliation.
- Group treasury coordination – coordinates treasury needs with EMEA treasury.
- Banks relationships – maintain and develop local banking relationships for treasury purposes.
- Execution of Written Supervisory Procedures – execute written procedures to comply with all local regulatory guidelines and rules.
- Management Reporting – reporting of evidence of supervisory controls and exceptions.
- New business integration – locally coordinate and control the implementation and operations of all new business products and venues.
- Internal and External Audits – coordinate internal and external audit related requests for data.
- 8 - 10 years of related Financial Industry Operations experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics or Mathematics preferred.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- High degree of comfort and fluency with computers and technology, and understanding of how technology is applied to business or an ability to develop this rapidly.
- Logical approach to problem solving.
- Detailed oriented with excellent maths skills.
- Ability to efficiently handle multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Self-Motivated and energetic.
- Professional demeanour and strong communications skills.
- Intermediate level of proficiency in MS Excel and Access.
- Ability to work in a small-team environment.
Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. is a large and publicly traded international financial services company, based in Greenwich, Connecticut USA. We employ over 1,200 people in locations worldwide and provide electronic brokerage services to over 576,000 accounts held by customers in over 200 countries. By building and operating highly automated systems in all aspects of our business we seek to deliver these services at the lowest possible cost to our customers.
Our customers are active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. We execute 807,000 trades daily on 120+ market centres around the world in securities, commodities and foreign exchange trades.
The Group’s consolidated capital is USD 6.7 billion (EUR 5.8 billion), and customer equity amounts to USD 142.5 billion (EUR 121 billion). For further information please visit https://investors.interactivebrokers.com/ir/main.php
Due to the continued expansion of our business activities, we are establishing an investment firm in Luxembourg.