Norwalk Public Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
High School ESL Summer Academy - 10 teachers
at Norwalk Public Schools
Job Status: Seasonal
Job Reference #: 4372
Openings as of 3/24/2019
- High School ESL Summer Academy - 10 teachers JobID: 4372
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Brien McMahon High School
- Instructional Program
- Works with the supervisor to implement, strengthen, improve the program.
- Keeps informed of new developments in curriculum, instruction methods.
- Implements new and established programs.
- Provides students with diversified learning activities.
- Helps interpret the curriculum to parents.
- Classroom Supervision
- Teaches students good study habits.
- Promotes positive self concepts; provides encouragement to each student to develop his/her full potential.
- Understands social and emotional adjustments of students.
- Promotes students’ awareness, respect for different cultures.
- Creates an appropriate learning atmosphere in the classroom; maintains classroom order.
- Maintains student attendance and tardiness records.
- Makes evaluation reports upon request.
- Maintains records of individual student’s progress through assignments, quizzes, projects.
- Keeps inventory of materials, equipment and supplies.
- Professional Responsibility:
- Works in the interest of the students’ physical, emotional welfare.
- Accepts, incorporates suggestions for classroom improvement.
- Performs related duties as required.
ESL Summer Academy - High School
NORWALK PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Norwalk, CT 06852
ESL TEACHER – ESL Summer Academy (Temporary Assignment)
Provides ESL instruction at the high school level in an intensive summer program, 4.5 hours per day for 5 weeks. Receives general supervision and technical supervision from the ELL Instructional Specialist and Administrator of Norwalk Summer School.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
CT TESOL Certification Pre-K – 12.
COMPENSATION: PER N.F.T. CONTRACT
EFFECTIVE DATE: June 8 - August 9, 2019
Both candidates from within the system and candidates from outside the system will be considered.