Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Tax Accountant
Booking Holdings Inc. is one of the world’s largest ecommerce companies which competes globally with both online and traditional travel and restaurant reservation and related services. The Company, through its six brands, connects consumers wanting to make travel and restaurant reservations with travel service providers and restaurants. During 2017, the Company had consolidated gross profit and net income of $12.7 billion and $2.3 billion, respectively, and a current market value of approximately $100 billion. Booking Holdings’ mission is “to help people experience the world” via our six global brands, collectively (the “Brands”):
- Booking.com: The world's leading brand for online accommodation reservations (based on room nights booked), with operations worldwide and headquartered in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- Priceline.com: The leading deals-focused online travel reservation service in the US for flights, hotel, car, package and cruise, and headquartered in Norwalk, CT.
- KAYAK: The leading US online price comparison (“meta-search”) service to search and compare travel itineraries and prices, from 100’s of travel suppliers and is headquartered in Stamford, CT.
- Agoda.com: A leading online accommodation reservation service for APAC travelers with operations in Bangkok and the surrounding region, headquartered in Singapore.
- Rentalcars.com: A leading worldwide online rental car and ground transport reservation service, headquartered in Manchester, England.
- OpenTable: A leading brand for online booking and restaurant reservation software, headquartered in San Francisco, California.
At Booking Holdings, we help our customers to reach all corners of the earth. Our ability to provide great service rests on how well we understand our diverse customer base, which is why having a diverse team is so important to us. We bring together employees from all walks of life and we are proud to provide the kind of inclusive environment that stimulates innovation, creativity and collaboration.
Based in Norwalk Connecticut and reporting to the VP, Tax Analysis & Reporting, the role of the Senior Tax Accountant, Booking Holdings will focus primarily on U.S. GAAP income tax provision analysis and reporting and encompasses the following:
- Assist with preparation of monthly and quarterly analysis of the U.S. GAAP worldwide income tax provision prepared in accordance with ASC 740 and FIN 18, including both consolidated and Brand-specific analyses of effective tax rates
- Review monthly worldwide legal entity effective tax rates to identify variances against forecast
- Assist with drafting quarterly and annual tax footnotes, and tax-related language within MD&A, in the Company’s Forms 10-Q and 10-K, as well as preparation of supporting workpapers
- Assist with preparation of worldwide effective tax rate reconciliation
- Liase directly with finance personnel at Brands to provide assistance with monthly tax provision process
- Assist with review and/or preparation of quarterly U.S. tax provision templates and review of quarterly foreign tax provision templates
- Prepare schedules to support worldwide tax payments presented on cash flow statement
- Assist with determining tax impacts of various initiatives from treasury, corporate finance and other departments and prepare supporting financial analyses
- Liase with and provide support to Corporate Controllers’ Group and FP&A on income tax reporting-related matters
- Assist with income tax compliance and other tax compliance matters on an as-needed basis
- Research tax-technical issues
- Assist with tax planning implementation and strategy
Education and Qualifications
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience of professional tax experience or comparable industry experience
- Big 4 public accounting experience
- BS or BA in Accounting
- Licensed CPA or MST preferred
Skills and Experience
- Understanding and knowledge of ASC 740 and FIN 18
- Broad tax technical background and experience
- Good knowledge of US Federal and State tax law
- Strong analytical ability to identify challenges, provide solutions, and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Highly organized with the ability to efficiently and accurately manage competing priorities and internal and external deadlines
- Positive attitude and dependable team player with strong attention to detail
- Highly skilled in Excel. Proficient in the other Microsoft Office suite of products
- Experience with Oracle, Hyperion, and tax provision accounting software a plus