Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Account Manager/ Designer
at Red Thread
Job Reference #: 1281
|Title:||Account Manager/ Designer|
The Account Manager/Designer provides design and account management services to customers and maintains the fundamental business relationship with a single and/or multiple major accounts. primary responsibility of this position is to assist the Sales Representative with all aspects of supporting the account to either increase or secure additional business. Works closely with Sales, Project Managers and customers to ensure conformance to customer requirements, high quality implementation and customer satisfaction. This role may also represent the Sales Representative and Red Thread at various project meetings, client meetings, and other customer meetings with the goal of enhancing Red Thread’s position as a primary vendor to the account and/or accounts.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Attends customer planning meetings; presents plans and information to customer for review and approval.
- Reviews site; conducts field measurements and plan-to site adherence checks.
- Verifies existing inventory/product; produces as-built drawings/specifications.
- Conducts programming by interviewing customers/end/users and produces reports.
- Develops and presents block/space plans; obtains customer approval.
- Selects, develops and presents color/finish boards; obtains customer approval.
- Develops finished working drawings for specification and installation; validates plans against construction, electrical and A & D drawing set; obtains customer approval.
- Develops product specifications; verifies specifications against plans; produces order-ready specifications utilizing technology; verifies accuracy and correctness.
Design Departmental Practices:
- Provides design budgets for projects; maintains daily timesheets; manages actual time against budgets.
- Maintains detailed project documentation including records of key decisions, approvals and sign-offs and notes from customer/internal meetings.
- Manages adherence to project schedule and budgets.
- Communicates regularly on assignment status.
- Prepares plotting, printing, color board requests.
- Ensures complete and accurate plans/specifications are order ready.
Account Management Process:
- Become involved within the local A&D community – including IIDA/MIDA, attending events, making contacts and being the local face of Red Thread within the community.
- Assist NBD in developing response strategies for client bids and proposals – attend customer meetings as necessary
- Participate in Strategic Account Planning
- Assist in developing overall scope of work for assigned projects
- Serve as primary point of contact for customer from project/job Award through final Close Out
- Assist customer with product solutions and finish selection
- Complete drawings for final quote and order entry
- Obtain final drawing sign off from customer
- Work with Sales Coordinator to produce final quotes
- Create installation drawings
Skills, Abilities & Knowledge:
- Advanced proficiency in AutoCAD and CAP required.
- Intermediate PC skills including: Microsoft Windows, Excel and Word and Hedberg.
- Solid interpersonal skills; ability to communicate (both oral and written) effectively and professionally with both internal and external customers.
- Possess solid knowledge of best practices for furniture design.
- Possess solid furniture product knowledge; able to learn and apply new product knowledge in a timely manner.
- Excellent problem-solving ability and follow through.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized.
- Works well under pressure in ambiguous conditions; excels at multi-tasking and prioritizing work flow.
Level of Education/Training/License:
- BS/BA/BFA degree in Interior, Industrial or Architectural Design.
- 5+ years’ experience in furniture/office/space planning. Dealership or manufacturer experience preferred.