Sprague Pest Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Terminal Operator - Bridgeport CT
at Sprague Pest Solutions
Sprague takes a collaborative, customer-centric approach to providing best-in-class energy products and related services throughout the Northeast. As a publicly-traded company (NYSE:SRLP) founded in 1870, we pride ourselves on offering customers the expert solutions and high-quality service that help their businesses thrive in any market landscape. Sprague values innovation, safety, integrity and people. We know that our people are what set us apart from our competition, and we work hard to make sure each employee across our 20 locations knows how important they are to our community.
Job Summary / General Purpose
Sprague is looking for a terminal operator to join their Bridgeport, CT team. This position is for an operator capable of a wide range of duties at an oil/gasoline tank farm. A variety of skills/specialization may be utilized some of which may require licensure or certification. Work hours/shifts vary and overtime is frequently available but not guaranteed. Work is primarily performed outdoors in a maritime environment 24 hours a day, 365 days per year.
Major Duties / Responsibilities:
- Maintenance and repair of storage tanks, loading rack and dock
- Loading and unloading of vessels
- Gauging of oil/gasoline tanks
- Providing general facilities maintenance work
- Other duties as required
Education / Experience / Skill Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proficient in basic math, including fractions
- Working knowledge of mechanical trades
- Basic computer knowledge
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- Must have a valid TWIC card
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of blueprint reading , piping diagrams, fire systems and fuel specifications
- Past experience in bulk fuel storage plants preferred.
- Willingness to do shift work including nights, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed
- Physical activity/strength requirements are demanding and may include:
- Standing up to 75% of the day
- Lifting up to 50 lbs. (i.e. steel parts, spouts)
- Carrying up to 50 lbs. (i.e. oil, parts, tools)
- Pulling up to 75 lb. capacity (i.e. mooring lines)
- Extended climbing (i.e. tank ladders/stairs/ramps)
- Ability to endure outside weather conditions
Who we are looking for:
Do you like to solve problems and consider yourself forward thinking? If you are looking for a place where you can learn a lot about the energy industry and constantly challenge yourself, then Sprague is your place. Sprague employees are dedicated and driven, and we constantly strive to be the best in the industry. We work best as a team, knowing that collaboration leads to innovation and the best customer experience. As a company that has continued to evolve with the energy industry for the last 150 years, we are looking for hardworking employees to join us as we remain at the forefront of the industry.
What we offer:
We recently surveyed our employees to ask them their favorite part of the job. Unanimously, they answered, "The people I work with." You are part of a team and a family at Sprague, and everyone works together to ensure both the success of the company and of the individual. On top of great coworkers, you’ll enjoy perks like benefits and retirement contributions that start on your first day. Sprague also provides tuition reimbursement for any employee that would like to further their education. Is giving back important to you? Sprague offers paid volunteer time and has weekly dress down days when employees can donate to a local charity in exchange for wearing jeans. Do you like to get involved where you work? Sprague has a range of committees to support varying initiatives (Sustainability, Charitable, Scholarship, FunForce, etc…). Sprague is a place that cares about its employees, its community, and creating a place where people want to come to work every day. Come join us!
Sprague is an EEO/AA employer. We strongly encourages minorities, females, Vets and individuals with disabilities to apply.
As a federal contractor we adhere to OFCCP employment regulations.