Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
AVP, Benefits & Rewards
The AVP, Benefits & Rewards is responsible for assisting with the ongoing management and administration of several of Synchrony’s benefits and rewards programs and for executing on key compensation & benefits business initiatives.
- Manage/administer ancillary benefit programs across Synchrony including monitoring and reporting on cost trends and industry changes
- Review, interpret and communicate benefit plan design; provide tollgates and analysis
- Deliver training programs to HR personnel, managers and employees as needed including supporting local health care events at sites
- Collaborate with department heads and local HR to facilitate communications and adherence to procedures that ensure company objectives and expectations are met
- Vendor management including vendor surveillance against service level agreements, internal control processes, contract scope, and action plans to increase efficiency/effectiveness
- Track operating plan(s) for the healthcare budget and annual benefits spend
- Maintain in-depth knowledge and expertise in employee benefits, compliance, and administrative services; make recommendations regarding processes, respond to and facilitate resolution of escalated benefits issues, and answer benefits questions
- Provide general back-up coverage for members of the Synchrony Financial Total Rewards & HRIS team
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
Bachelor's degree in a related field, in lieu of degree 8+ years related experience
- 5+ years of benefits experience (including experience administering ancillary plans)
- A successful candidate will be a problem solver who is detail oriented
- Ability to take ownership of projects as assigned and drive them to successful completion
- Demonstrated successful experience working in a demanding, high performance work environment and team-oriented culture
- Strong analytical skills (proficient in Excel)
- Demonstrated tendency to challenge the status quo and drive improvement in process and ability to achieve organizational goals
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills are essential (ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization)
- Experience monitoring and managing vendor performance
- Human Resources experience within a regulated environment
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a "consistently meets expectations" performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 60,000.00 - 130,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.
Job Family Group:Human Resources
With roots in consumer finance that trace back to 1932, Synchrony Financial is a leader in consumer credit and promotional financing, providing a range of products for a diverse group of national and regional retailers; including Main Street mainstays, local merchants, manufacturers, buying groups, industry associations and healthcare service providers. We are the largest provider of private label credit cards in the United States based on purchase volume and receivables and we provide co-branded dual card credit cards, promotional financing and installment lending, loyalty programs and FDIC-insured savings products through Synchrony Bank. Who do we serve? Hundreds of thousands of customers across the U.S. and Canada spanning the electronics and appliances, home furnishings, automotive, power products and sports, jewelry and luxury, retail and healthcare industries.
Our purpose is clear: we are committed to pioneering the future of financing, improving the success of every business we serve and the quality of each life we touch. This is fitting because when you join Synchrony Financial, you’re joining an organization that recognizes that our people are our greatest asset -every single one of them. That’s why we are deeply committed to investing in the growth of each member of our team. And with 80 years of experience, we know how to develop talent. At Synchrony Financial, we work hard to offer competitive rewards, compensation and benefits. When you join us, you become part of a stimulating work environment with vast opportunities to sharpen your skills and embrace new leadership challenges.