Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
AVP, Digital Payments & New Clients
We are seeking an experienced technical project manager to drive technology projects for Digital Payments & New Clients Integrations. The Digital Payments team is building next generation payments products on emerging technologies and also supports common mobile wallet systems including Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, Android Pay, and other emerging wallets. The New Clients Integration team is responsible for leading the onboarding and startup/conversion of new retail clients onto the Synchrony platform and launching the new payments product to market.
The candidate will be responsible for leading projects for digital wallet provisioning/lifecycle management, new client integration projects, and managing technology partner relationships. This position will report to the VP, Integrated Payments & Innovation. Our team is working to reinvent the business of retail payments by delivering next generation payment & digital wallet technologies with customer experiences that are valuable, usable, and strategically aligned. The ideal candidate will have a strong project management background with a focus on technical projects and proven track record of delivering critical initiatives.
We’ll depend on you to:
- Collaborate with business stakeholders, internal development resources, clients, and technology partners to identify and deliver scalable new features for a diverse portfolio of clients
- Own the execution and delivery of business requirements elicitation, technical specifications development, architecture design, user experience design, and development of testing requirements
- Wing to wing leadership of one or more technology projects including requirements/design, build, test, launch, and adoption.
- Be a trusted technology advisor to client-led 3rd party and White-Label wallet implementation projects while managing expectations and delivering dependent enhancements
- Maintain high level of operational support & monitoring for the digital payments portfolio, in order to proactively identify risks and optimize product adoption
- Collaborate with other areas of the team and other special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree with technology or related field and a minimum of 4 years of IT experience OR High School Diploma/GED and minimum of 7 years of IT experience
- Minimum of 3 years project management or scum master experience with demonstrated experience managing scope and expectations of large technology projects including business/technical requirements, budgets, schedules, distributed resources, and dependencies
- Proven track record of leading and executing on critical business initiatives
- Proven ability to lead and motivate teams in a matrixed environment
- Experience in the banking / credit card industry
- Active listener, high energy, self-motivated, with strong communication and prioritization skills (verbal and written)
- Problem solver/conflict resolver
- Working experience with Apple Pay, Android Pay, Samsung Pay
- Working experience with token service providers including Visa (VTS), MasterCard (MDES), First Data
- Working experience with APIs consumption and/or development
- Agile Product Owner (CSPO) or Scrum Master (CSM) or comparable certification
- Track record of creative problem solving and ability to thrive in a cross-functional and technology facing environment
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a "consistently meets expectations" performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 70,000.00 - 150,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.
Job Family Group:Information Technology
With roots in consumer finance that trace back to 1932, Synchrony Financial is a leader in consumer credit and promotional financing, providing a range of products for a diverse group of national and regional retailers; including Main Street mainstays, local merchants, manufacturers, buying groups, industry associations and healthcare service providers. We are the largest provider of private label credit cards in the United States based on purchase volume and receivables and we provide co-branded dual card credit cards, promotional financing and installment lending, loyalty programs and FDIC-insured savings products through Synchrony Bank. Who do we serve? Hundreds of thousands of customers across the U.S. and Canada spanning the electronics and appliances, home furnishings, automotive, power products and sports, jewelry and luxury, retail and healthcare industries.
Our purpose is clear: we are committed to pioneering the future of financing, improving the success of every business we serve and the quality of each life we touch. This is fitting because when you join Synchrony Financial, you’re joining an organization that recognizes that our people are our greatest asset -every single one of them. That’s why we are deeply committed to investing in the growth of each member of our team. And with 80 years of experience, we know how to develop talent. At Synchrony Financial, we work hard to offer competitive rewards, compensation and benefits. When you join us, you become part of a stimulating work environment with vast opportunities to sharpen your skills and embrace new leadership challenges.