Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
AVP, Social Media Community Manager
Synchrony seeks an experienced social media professional to join our team in Stamford, CT. The Social Media Community Manager is responsible for our always-on social media content and community development in support of Synchrony’s business objectives. This role will have a meaningful impact on the perception of our brand, driving audience awareness, consideration and engagement with Synchrony across multiple social media platforms and audiences. Working across teams and managing outside resources, the ideal candidate takes initiative and has deep attention to detail with displayed understanding on the role social media plays within a brand’s culture and storytelling.
- Serve as community manager across Synchrony’s social channels, monitoring conversations and ensuring the flawless execution of content, response times and brand social voice
- Communicate directly with audiences via social media channels, including directing and responding to questions, engaging in conversation and being the voice of Synchrony
- Act as a point of escalation for internal and client related issues and concerns and influence how we support inquiries and facilitate crisis management protocol
- Assist in developing the day-to-day curation and production of compelling and engaging content that aligns with our brand vision, supports business goals, builds meaningful community connections and encourages authentic engagement
- Attend events and capture content in real-time on behalf of the brand
- Monitor user generated commentary as well as broader conversations about the brand surfaced through social listening activities
- Manage the social listening platform, including refining search criteria, dashboard monitoring and reporting. Additionally, will facilitate social media servicing team access and training.
- Train and guide the social media servicing team, providing support and reporting for Synchrony’s social care activities, ensuring real-time, responsive engagement and appropriate escalations and crisis response
The person will have:
- Ability to grasp complex topics, information and issues and translate them into highly compelling and understandable copy and creative for many different audiences
- Keen process orientation and ability to work independently to resolve problems, yet with a strategic sense for how and when to escalate
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with flawless execution while adhering to tight timelines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including ability to write and edit clear copy for social media that presents brand voice in a relevant, meaningful dialogue with target audiences
- Able to collaborate to inspire engaging content development with cross-functional partners
- Experience finding, targeting and mobilizing online opinion leaders and influencers
- Strong visual design sense to create high quality (in-the-moment) content for the brand
- Prior experience working with an agency
- Bachelor’s Degree. In lieu of degree, HS Diploma/GED and 9 years of Social Media experience including responsibilities listed below
- 5 years of Brand Storytelling, Marketing Communications or Corporate Communications experience
- 5 years experience in managing social communities
- 5 years experience in social media content development, asset creation and content marketing
- 3 years experience using social media management platforms (e.g. Spredfast, Sprinklr, etc)
- 3 years experience with digital communications and marketing practices
- 2 years expertise with Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Snapchat, Pinterest capabilities, specs and formats, with the ability to create and publish proactively and opportunistically
- 1 year of PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash, and HTML experience
- Ability to deliver high quality work in a timely, error-free, and cost-effective manner with great attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working in a matrixed environment with proven ability to collaborate with and influence cross-functional stakeholders, clients and employees at all levels of the organization
- Passion to improve the customer and audience experience and enthusiasm for serving as a brand advocate
- Strong project management and organizational skills, effective at time management, creative and resourceful
- Experience within financial services or technology industries, as well as B2B, B2C and B2B2C organizations
- Demonstrated proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and AP style
The salary range for this position is 70,000.00 - 150,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.
Job Family Group:Communications
With roots in consumer finance that trace back to 1932, Synchrony Financial is a leader in consumer credit and promotional financing, providing a range of products for a diverse group of national and regional retailers; including Main Street mainstays, local merchants, manufacturers, buying groups, industry associations and healthcare service providers. We are the largest provider of private label credit cards in the United States based on purchase volume and receivables and we provide co-branded dual card credit cards, promotional financing and installment lending, loyalty programs and FDIC-insured savings products through Synchrony Bank. Who do we serve? Hundreds of thousands of customers across the U.S. and Canada spanning the electronics and appliances, home furnishings, automotive, power products and sports, jewelry and luxury, retail and healthcare industries.
Our purpose is clear: we are committed to pioneering the future of financing, improving the success of every business we serve and the quality of each life we touch. This is fitting because when you join Synchrony Financial, you’re joining an organization that recognizes that our people are our greatest asset -every single one of them. That’s why we are deeply committed to investing in the growth of each member of our team. And with 80 years of experience, we know how to develop talent. At Synchrony Financial, we work hard to offer competitive rewards, compensation and benefits. When you join us, you become part of a stimulating work environment with vast opportunities to sharpen your skills and embrace new leadership challenges.