Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
VP, Direct to Consumer - Credit (L14)
This role will provide senior Credit vision, leadership and strategy to drive Credit programs for the Direct to Consumer Team. The Direct to Consumer (D2C) organization is committed to diversifying our business, our teams, and our thinking as a strategic growth initiative. The D2C team will engage in market intelligence activities in the D2C space, as well as research and prioritize different product and service offerings to fulfill unmet customer needs. This leadership role is a critical component of the cross-functional D2C team and will influence across the business including directly engaging with Synchrony ELT.
- Responsible for identifying factors and mitigation opportunities related to portfolio credit and fraud losses
- Identify opportunities to minimize Synchrony’s risk while driving growth
- Work effectively in the cross functional leadership team to drive smart growth
- Prepare and deliver leadership team presentations to facilitate informed decisions
- Be a leader in driving enhanced strategies, using champion/challenger leanings to manage credit and fraud risk
- Provide analytics and input for portfolio, deal, and promotional pricing activities
- Coordinate planning cycle to ensure consistency in business plans
- Responsible for providing clear guidance to the organization on risk appetite and prudent growth
- Maintain effective and credible challenge of critical decisions and business processes
- Ensure strategic plan for D2C initiatives is consistent with Synchrony’s risk appetite
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree and 10+ years of experience in consumer risk management, credit management, or similar role, in lieu of a degree 14+ years of experience in consumer risk management, credit management, or similar role
- 10+ years’ leadership experience in enterprise portfolio credit risk management for consumer accounts
- 10+ years of experience guiding development of Consumer Credit Risk Strategies
- 10+ years of experience with SAS/SQL or other data analytics tools
- 10+ years’ experience managing professionals
- Demonstrated commitment to Diversity at Synchrony
- Master's Degree or MBA with advanced analytic focus, or equivalent
- Strong Financial Analysis skills; ability to assess/understand the impact of credit and underwriting decisions and implementation on portfolio performance
- Strong overall knowledge of card business including risk, collections, operations, marketing and finance - to understand integration of and impact on credit decisions
- Strong leadership capability and presence
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Use of advanced technical & analytical competencies in driving effective strategic goals within a significant functional area
- Familiarity with consumer and commercial lending products and practices Experience operating at a strategic level as part of a senior leadership team
- Strong Communications and Influencing Skills
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a "consistently meets expectations" performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 115,000.00 - 230,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.
Job Family Group:Finance
With roots in consumer finance that trace back to 1932, Synchrony Financial is a leader in consumer credit and promotional financing, providing a range of products for a diverse group of national and regional retailers; including Main Street mainstays, local merchants, manufacturers, buying groups, industry associations and healthcare service providers. We are the largest provider of private label credit cards in the United States based on purchase volume and receivables and we provide co-branded dual card credit cards, promotional financing and installment lending, loyalty programs and FDIC-insured savings products through Synchrony Bank. Who do we serve? Hundreds of thousands of customers across the U.S. and Canada spanning the electronics and appliances, home furnishings, automotive, power products and sports, jewelry and luxury, retail and healthcare industries.
Our purpose is clear: we are committed to pioneering the future of financing, improving the success of every business we serve and the quality of each life we touch. This is fitting because when you join Synchrony Financial, you’re joining an organization that recognizes that our people are our greatest asset -every single one of them. That’s why we are deeply committed to investing in the growth of each member of our team. And with 80 years of experience, we know how to develop talent. At Synchrony Financial, we work hard to offer competitive rewards, compensation and benefits. When you join us, you become part of a stimulating work environment with vast opportunities to sharpen your skills and embrace new leadership challenges.