The Fresh Market
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
* Gift/Floral Specialist - Part Time - Westport (117)
at The Fresh Market
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Talent Areas
- Gift/Floral Department
- Postal Code
As a key member of the Gift/Floral department, the Gift/Floral Specialist is responsible for ordering, watering, rotation of product, merchandising, and full presentation of the gift/floral department. The Gift/Floral Specialist works in a fast paced, multitasked environment. Primary job duties include providing excellent customer service, keeping the department clean at all times, answering customer questions regarding services and products offered, and handling special order requests. The Gift/Floral Specialist is also responsible for ensuring that all floral and gift center items are ordered on a weekly basis. Also, the Gift/Floral Specialist will partner with the Bulk and Coffee/Candy Departments as needed, and will be responsible for following all store policies and procedures.
- Assembles baskets and flowers as needed; manually cutting stems; checking water levels flower buckets and creating and fulfilling customer orders. Answering customer questions as needed.
- Demonstrate the ability to be organized, to work independently and with the team to provide the highest quality shopping experience, all while maintaining the overall appearance of the department and sales floor and follow approved procedures for ordering, rotating, watering, and merchandising.
- Unloading and breaking down deliveries as needed; stocking the sales floor with products as needed; Maintaining proper product assortment, merchandising and product quality on the sales floor and following rotation standards when replenishing stock levels.
- Follow and utilize the planograms, layouts, and schematics of the department as well as duties and assignments as directed by management.
- Conducts weekly cycle counts, resets and department inventories to ensure departmental success.
- Quality and safety duties include inspecting and storing products, following proper cleaning and sanitation procedures, and operating equipment in a safe and focused manner. Follow all company guidelines and procedures, to include but not limited to date and rotation of product, safety, sanitation and preparation. Prep area cleaning includes rinsing and sanitizing all equipment, buckets, tables, and counter space, and washing floors, cooler walls and shelves, display shelves, and storage racks. Adhere to all local, state, and federal health and civil code regulations.
- Observe all store rules, Company policies and handbook guidelines, shift operating hours at all times as scheduled or assigned by Managing Partner/Store Manager. Must wear an apron and non-slip shoes.
- Addressing and greeting customers; answering questions in a friendly manner, proactively offering assistance and providing accurate and timely information, making product/ service recommendations and accommodating special requests.
- Being able to listen to others' points of view and recognizing and appreciating differences.
- Properly handle, prepare, transport and store products; ensuring strict adherence to TFM guidelines.
- Prioritizing requests and department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines is a must.
- Utilize training resources and fellow team members to educate self and others about product uses and characteristics.
- Have knowledge of products used throughout the store and work across departments to provide and assist customers in finding complete meal solutions.
- Oral and written communication skills that allow for productive communication with co-workers, management and customers.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Gift/Floral experience is preferred, not required.
What you bring to the job:
- Organization and highly detailed oriented
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to follow through on deliverables and meet objectives and deadlines
- A LOVE of food
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Superior customer focus
- Be a team player, goal-oriented
- Excellent time management
- Ability to perform in an intense, fast paced environment
Work Environment/Physical Responsibilities
- Work involves continuous interaction with customers and co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- Typical motions include repetitive hand and arm movements, repetitive grasping, bending and reaching
- Responsible for moving or lifting an average of 10-40 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 70 pounds occasionally
- Exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
- The safe and proper handling of cutting devices and other floral equipment.
- Will be required to spend the majority of time on his or her feet and stand or walk without a break for up to 4 hours
At The Fresh Market we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. The Fresh Market hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position to be filled. The position covered by this is expressly declared to be 'at will,' meaning the Company has the right to terminate the incumbent's employment at any time, with or without cause. Any written or oral promises or representations to the contrary are expressly disavowed and should not be relied upon by any employee. Any change to this 'at will' employment status must be in writing and signed by the company designated personnel.