Town of Trumbull
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Civil Engineer I
at Town of Trumbull
CIVIL ENGINEER I
- Examples of Duties
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
- Designs and details various Public Work/WPCAs projects.
- Computes grades on profiles.
- Prepares preliminary specifications on projects and contracts.
- Compiles information and writes reports.
- Performs field inspection and reviews Town approved engineered plans for conformity to State Statutes, Town Regulations and sound engineering judgment.
- Coordinates maintenance of Town infrastructure with property owners, contractors and Public Works employees.
- Prepares legal descriptions of easements and properties.
- Performs field data collection surveys.
- Performs geospatial computations of Town, State Plane and other published horizontal and vertical datums.
- Calculates, reviews and inspects performance bond postings and release requests.
- Competently completes CADD drawings.
- Performs graphic database construction and maintenance.
- Performs graphic illustrations for Town publications.
- Updates Town maps, including but not limited to properties, streets, assessors, sewer and zoning.
- Utilizes GIS for planning, analysis and land use evaluation.
- Interfaces with the public on all matters handled in the Engineering Office/Water Pollution Control Authority.
- Assists in Fats, Oils & Grease program enforcement.
- Project monitoring and/or administration through MUNIS financial software.
- Does related tasks as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
1. Knowledge of modern principles and practices of Civil Engineering and/or Geographic Information Systems.
2. Strong computer skills with emphasis in use of Autodesk and ESRI software.
3. Operates CAD/GIS Systems to construct, update and maintain graphic databases.
4. Clear and Concise written and oral expression.
5. General knowledge and experience in field data collection and measurement.
6. Strong mathematical ability.
7. Ability to respond courteously to the Public and co-workers.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Graduation from a college or university with a Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, 2 years CAD/GIS work experience preferred. General knowledge of Connecticut Inland Wetlands general statutes, the Clean Water Act and/or NCEES Certification in Fundamentals of Engineering or Fundamentals of Surveying preferred.
- Supplemental Information
Works under the supervision of the Director of Public Works or his/her assigned designee.
May supervise other Engineering Department employees of lower wage groups as assigned.
GENERAL INFORMATION ON THIS EXAMINATION
Experience & Training 100%
Each candidate must have had the required experience and training to be eligible for this position which includes: Graduation from a college or university with a Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, 2 years CAD/GIS work experience preferred. General knowledge of Connecticut Inland Wetlands general statutes, the Clean Water Act and/or NCEES Certification in Fundamentals of Engineering or Fundamentals of Surveying preferred.
(PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT MEET THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS.)
Before final certification, each applicant must successfully pass a drug/alcohol test.
This examination will be conducted for the Town of Trumbull by the Trumbull Civil Service Board within the authority of Section 7-413 of the 1959 revision of the State of CT. Please notify the Civil Service office in advance of the examination of any disability which may require special accommodation. Anyone claiming Veterans' Preference must bring original DD 214 document.
As an applicant for employment, you are a consumer with rights under the Fair Credit Reporting Act. As part of the employment process, including for determinations related ot initial employment, the Town may obtain from a consumer reporting agency, a consumer report and/or investigative consumer report on you as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Applicants must be citizens of the United States or must present proper authorization to work in the United States by the closing date.